Trends in Marketing
Unit code: HBM520
|Credit points||12.5 Credit Points|
One teaching period
|Contact hours||36 hours|
|Corequisites||HBM533 Marketing Strategy Development|
An elective unit of study in the following programs:
Aims and objectives
Learn about the latest trends in the business environment and in marketing. Understand how to apply them to your workplace, and how to develop and appropriate response to these trends. Understand how marketing decisions impact upon all functions of the organisation. Improve your communictaion to business and organisatoinal audiences.
Upon completion of this unit students shouldl be able to:-
- Know the current environmental and marketing trends and their practical application to their workplace/situation.
- Understand how to develop an appropriate response to trends.
- Understand how marketing decisions impact on all functions of the organisation.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Communicate in an effective manner suitable for business audiences.
Generic skills outcomes
- Teamwork skills
- Analysis skills
- Analysis and modelling skills
- Research skills
- Problem solving skills
- Business model development skills
- Project management skills
- Communications skills
- Presentation skills
- Strategic thinking skills
- Ability to tackle unfamiliar problems
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to engage in critical enquiry and discussion