Spoken Japanese 1B
Unit code: HAJ109
|Credit points||12.5 Credit Points|
|Contact hours||3 Hours per Week|
|Prerequisites||HAJ107 Introductory Japanese 1Aor equivalent competence in spoken language.|
|Corequisites||HAJ108 Written Japanese 1B|
Related course(s)A unit of study in the Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Arts (Japanese), Bachelor of Arts, and Bachelor of Social Science.
Aims and objectivesTo extend students' basic knowledge of the spoken language through the introduction of more complex conversation topics and aural comprehension texts. Emphasis is placed on development of oral skills for a range of interpersonal interactions, including basic business interactions.
Teaching methodsLanguage of Instruction: Japanese with English explanations as necessary. A combination of audiovisual work and Conversation classes.
Assessment10% Class Performance, 2 Class Presentations 30% , Weekly Diction 10%, Final Examination 50%.
Generic skills outcomes
Graduates are capable in their chosen professional, vocational or study areas:
- Are informed and knowledgeable in the area.
- Have an appreciation of areas of uncertainty within a body of knowledge.
- Have pertinent skills and abilities.
Graduates operate effectively and ethically in work and community situations:
- Have the ability to effectively communicate using a range of media and in varied contexts.
Graduates are adaptable and manage change:
- Are self-motivated.
- Have a general capacity for flexibility and curiosity.
Graduates are aware of local and international environment in which they will be contributing (eg socio-cultural, economic, natural):
- Are culturally sensitive and have respect for multiple points of view.
- Respect a plurality of viewpoints.
Students are advised to check the unit outline in the relevant teaching period for appropriate textbooks and further reading.