Professional Practice and Counselling Settings
Unit code: HAYS511
|Credit points||25 Credit Points|
|Contact hours||48 hours|
Related course(s)A unit of study in the Master of Social Science (Professional Counselling).
Aims and objectives
* Demonstrate understanding of the multiple and different ethical issues associated
Class sessions will involve lectures, discussions, reflective activities and group discussions.
* Four case studies (not more than 300 words for each case study) to be reflected in the 2-part personal journal (20%)
Generic skills outcomes
The graduate attributes associated with this unit of study are as follows:
* are capable in their chosen professional areas.
* operate effectively in work and community.
* are adaptable and manage change.
* are aware of environments.
* are entrepreneurial.
* Age Roles, Sex Roles, Family Roles
Atkinson a, D.R., & Hackett, G. Counselling Diverse Populations. (3rd edition) McGraw Hill Boston, 2003.