Unit code: HDG406
|Credit points||12.5 Credit Points|
|Contact hours||36 Hours per Semester|
Aims and objectives
This studio allows students to engage with a wide variety of highly industry relevant projects and outcomes. These may relate directly to a theory of practice and cover professional management in terms of portfolio design and presentation, but will also cover national and international project briefs. This studio will provide students with an outlet for wider industry exposure through vigorous involvement in industry and design practice.
Conducted in a student-centred studio environment, through lectures, group discussions, site visits, demonstrations and critiques. Students present their work to the group at the end of the project.
100% project work. Project briefs clearly define submission requirements and due dates but participants are responsible for actively participating in this process to develop a clear understanding of assessment requirements. Formative feedback is given throughout the semester to allow participants to develop their work for final submission. Assessment occurs at the end of the semester.
This unit aims to allow students to actively select and participate in industry through engagement in competition, portfolio and presentation. In this unit, students will:
- Develop industry connection through a studio brief;
- Respond to industry relevant project outcomes through articulation of their studio work;
- Explore the relationship between a broader vision of a theory of practice and design outcomes;
- Articulate the studio project outcomes and themes through a well-developed and well-structured design solution.
Students will be provided with a range of national and international design competition briefs and opportunities to develop further on existing presentation and portfolio skills. Competition briefs may be developed from organisations such as:
- The Design Institute of Australia,
- IFI (International Federation Interieur) and IDEA (Interior Design Educators of Australia),
- The Dyson Design Award,
- Lab 3000 Design Compeition,
- The Premier’s Design Award.