Marketing Fundamentals and Practices
Unit code: HBM420
|Credit points||12.5 Credit Points|
|Duration||One teaching period|
|Contact hours||36 hours|
A core unit of study in the following programs:
Aims and objectives
Learn about marketing theory and pratice as it applies to both commercial and not-for-profit organisations. Understand the marketing process, starting with the initial market analysis and the understanding of customer needs, wants and behaviour. Then learn about target marketing and marketing planning and finally, how to implement the marketing plan and evaluate and control marketing performance. Understand how the legal system affects marketing. Develop your analytical and creative approaches to solving marketing problems. Know how to apply your learning to the environment of your own organisation.
Upon completion of this unit students will be able to:
- Understand the marketing concept, marketing planning and decision-making.
- Understand of the role of marketing in the entrepreneurship and innovation process
- Understand the nature of the marketing concept as it applies to goods, services, social causes and ideas, experiences and events.
- Analyse marketing problems as inputs to marketing strategies
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Consumer and Business buying behaviour
- The marketing process and strategic planning
- Analysis of the market and the marketing environment
- New Product Development process, Diffusion of Innovation, Product Life Cycle and implications for the marketing mix.
- Segmentation, target marketing, product/brand positioning and marketing mix
- Marketing communications
- Logistics Chain
- Implementation of the marketing plan, and evaluation and control of marketing performance