Journalism: Processes and Practices
Unit code: HALM202
|Credit points||12.5 Credit Points|
|Contact hours||3 Hours per Week|
A unit of study in the Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Arts (Media and Communications), Bachelor of Social Science, Bachelor of Social Science (Psychology) and Bachelor of Multimedia (Media Studies).
Aims and objectivesNewspapers, radio and television all report the news. However, while they may report the same events, each medium has a different 'news voice' resulting from its particular set of institutional practices and constraints which shape how events are reported both in Australia and internationally.
Generic skills outcomes
- Developed your independent research skills.
- Enhanced your ability to develop and formulate a coherent argument.
- Developed your analytical and conceptual skills.
- Enhanced your problem solving skills.
- Extend your ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Develop your reporting skills.
- Learn to work to a deadline.
- Develop your interviewing skills.