Introductory Japanese 1A
Unit code: HAJ107
|Credit points||12.5 Credit Points|
|Contact hours||6 Hours per Week.|
Aims and objectivesTo provide students with basic knowledge of the language, including basic literacy skills and an introduction to basic business etiquette. Emphasis is placed on correct pronunciation, acquisition of vocabulary and the fundamentals of grammar.
Teaching methodsLanguage of Instruction: Japanese with English explanations as necessary. Classwork and Computer Laboratory.
Generic skills outcomes
Graduates are capable in their chosen professional areas:
- Are informed and knowledgeable in the area.
- Have an appreciation of areas of uncertainty within a body of knowledge.
- Have pertinent skills and abilities.
Graduates operate effectively and ethically in work and community situations:
- Have the ability to effectively communicate using a range of media and in varied contexts.
Graduates are adaptable and manage change:
- Are self-motivated.
- Have a general capacity for flexibility and curiosity.
Graduates are aware of local and international environment in which they will be contributing (eg socio-cultural, economic, natural):
- Are culturally sensitive and have respect for multiple points of view. Respect a plurality of viewpoints.