Unit code: HBCO406
|Credit points||12.5 Credit Points|
|Contact hours||35 Hours|
Related course(s)A unit of study in the Graduate Certificate of International Accounting (Stage 1)
Aims and objectives
- To provide students with an understanding of economic principles which assist managerial decision-making.
- To assist students to analyse current economic issues and the likely effect of economic policies, using a systematic framework.
- To encourage students to apply their economic knowledge to the Vietnamese economy.
Generic skills outcomesAt the completion of the unit of study students will be well informed and knowledgeable in the area of study and in their analytical skills and their oral and written communication of economic issues.
The unit covers the main issues for micro- and macroeconomics.
For microeconomics these include:
- The operation of markets.
- The firm's decisions in competitive and noncompetitive markets.
- Market failure.
For macroeconomics these include:
- Measuring macroeconomic performance.
- Factors that determine the level and changes in output, employment and prices.
- Macroeconomic policies and debates relating to macroeconomic theory and policy.
Students are advised to check the unit outline in the relevant teaching period for appropriate textbooks and further reading.