Corporate Responsibility and Accountability
Unit code: HSI402
|Credit points||12.5 Credit Points|
|Duration||One Teaching Period|
|Contact hours||36 hours|
Related course(s)A unit of study in the Graduate Certificate of Social Impact (CMSI440) . Delivered in partnership with The University of New South Wales.
Aims and objectives
Upon completion of this unit students will be able to:
- Describe the trends and drivers re-shaping the dynamics of the social economy
- Recognise that the responsibility for social impact comes from the interaction of business, social enterprises, government (and its public service agencies), philanthropic foundations and individuals, and community-based organisations
- Select appropriate governance, management and value sets in each sector
- Critically evaluate concepts such as social entrepreneurship, social enterprise, social investment, social innovation and collaborative governance
- Analyse global trends and organisations that effect social change and impact.