Advanced Japanese 1A
Unit code: HAJ131
|Credit points||12.5 Credit Points|
|Contact hours||6 Hours per Week|
|Prerequisites||VCE Japanese or equivalent competence in written and spoken language.|
Aims and objectivesTo consolidate students' knowledge of grammar and script acquired through prior study at the secondary level. To expand this knowledge through introduction of a wider range of basic grammar patterns and reading texts (including approximately 150 new kanji – Chinese characters) and more adult conversation topics including business situations.
Teaching methodsLanguage of Instruction: Japanese with English explanations as necessary. Classwork and Computer laboratory work.
AssessmentMid-semester test 30%, Final examination 40%, Class performance 10%, Weekly Class Tests 10%, Oral Presentation 10%.
Generic skills outcomes
Graduates are capable in their chosen professional, vocational or study areas:
- Are informed and knowledgeable in the area.
- Have an appreciation of areas of uncertainty within a body of knowledge.
- Have pertinent skills and abilities.
Graduates operate effectively and ethically in work and community situations:
- Have the ability to effectively communicate using a range of media and in varied contexts.
Graduates are adaptable and manage change:
- Are self-motivated.
- Have a general capacity for flexibility and curiosity.
Graduates are aware of local and international environment in which they will be contributing (eg socio-cultural, economic, natural):
- Are culturally sensitive and have respect for multiple points of view.
- Respect a plurality of viewpoints.