Charlie Bell Scholarship for Future Leaders
In recognition of the contribution made by the former McDonald’s Corporation CEO, Charlie Bell, a scholarship for future leaders has been created in his name. The Scholarship, administered by the Charlie Bell School of Management, recognises Charlie’s commitment towards the provision of ongoing learning and education.
Up to three successful applicants will be rewarded. One of the successful applicants will be a current employee of McDonald’s or one of its franchisees (“McDonald’s Employee”), one will be an external applicant and the third recipient may be at the discretion of the selection committee.
Any undergraduate or postgraduate program.
Eligibility / Selection Criteria
To be eligible, applicants must:
- gain acceptance to or be enrolled in, an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at an Australian university
- be available to commence university or continue university in Semester 1, 2014
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident; and
- in respect of the Employee Award, the applicant must be employed by McDonald’s or its franchisees.
Applications will be judged by a selection committee on the basis of relative merit with reference to the following criteria:
- academic and career achievements, goals and ambitions
- personal achievements, goals and ambitions
- community activities and other contributions to society
- how the applicant expects the Scholarship to impact their studies and facilitate career aspirations
- an outline of the intended area of study
- recommendations and references
- an interview if short-listed
- quality of presentation.
Up to three successful applicants will be rewarded with a contribution of up to $15,000 towards their 2014 tuition fees.
How To Apply
Applications closed on Monday 28 October 2013.