Switching to Swinburne
If you've been studying at another Australian institution you may be eligible to receive credit and enter a degree or TAFE course with advanced standing.
The amount of credit you'll receive is based on the type of study you've completed, how many units you've completed and the relevance to the course at Swinburne you're applying for.
Students switching university
The credit you may be eligible to receive is based on your individual situation.
Use the guide below to view the maximum amount of credit you may receive for the amount of study already completed at another university.
|Your situation||Credit you may receive|
|I've completed one semester of study at university||Up to four units (one semester)|
|I've completed one year of study at university||Up to eight units (two semesters)|
|I've completed two years of study at university||Up to 12 units (three semesters)|
Students switching TAFE
Please contact us on 1300 275 794 to discuss your eligibility for credit exemptions.
- Submit an application for your chosen course
- Your application is assessed and successful applicants will receive an offer
- Offered students will need to provide supporting documentation for credit exemptions at enrolment
Supporting documentation required at enrolment:
- Completed Application for Exemption form
- Certified copy of an academic transcript or statement of attainment from previous institution
- Course outlines showing content, learning outcomes and assessment requirements
- An explanation of the grading structure used
Most enrolment is completed online – you're able to upload all relevant documents, so please ensure you have scanned and certified copies ready.
The online enrolment tool will inform you if you need to attend an exemptions session on campus.
Get personal advice
Book an appointment to receive advice and discuss pathway and credit exemptions with a Swinburne course adviser.