Bachelor of Design (Digital Media Design) (Honours)
- This information is for local students.
- View course information for international students.
Am I a You are a local student if:
you are an Australian citizen, or
you are a New Zealand citizen (excluding TAFE courses), or
you are an Australian permanent resident.
You are an international student if:
you are not an Australian citizen, and
you are not a New Zealand citizen (excluding TAFE courses), and
you are not an Australian permanent resident.local or an international student?
|Duration||1 year full-time|
|Campus and intakes|
For information about Swinburne's fees visit the Fees website.
Course in detail
H1 (first class honours) - if their overall grade is 80% or above
H2A - if their overall grade is 70 to 79%
H2B - if their overall grade is 60 to 69%
H3 - if their overall grade is 50 to 59%
N - if their overall grade is below 50%
Note: the Pass grade (P) is not utilised.
Units of study
HDG408 Social Patterns Studio
HDG418 Information Design OR for Design Factory SDF401 Swinburne Design Factory Project
HDMMD411 Motion Graphics and Digital Video
HDG409 New Technologies Research
HDG410 New Technologies Studio
HDMMD421 Time and Sequence using Video
HDG428 Narrative Structures OR for Design Factory Industry SDF402 Swinburne Design Factory Development Project
Aims and objectives
- acquire a systematic and coherent body of knowledge, the underlying principles and concepts, and the associated communication and problem-solving skills
- develop academic skills and attributes necessary to undertake design research, comprehend and evaluate new information, concepts and evidence from a range of sources
- develop the ability to review, consolidate, extend and apply the knowledge and techniques learnt, including in a professional context
- gain a foundation for self-directed and life-long learning
- gain interpersonal and teamwork skills appropriate to employment and/or further study.
- are entrepreneurial in contributing to innovation and development within their business, workplace, or community
- are capable in their chosen professional, vocational or study areas
- operate effectively in work and community situations
- are adaptable and manage change
- are aware of environments in which they will be contributing
Student testimonial - Salle E Malle
Bachelor of Design (Digital Media Design)(Honours)
I learned a lot through the real life industry projects that we were given in the multimedia design course. One project was to create a 3D animated TV identity for the Comedy Channel. Such projects offer great experience in working to an actual client brief, allowing you to pitch concepts and develop something that has direct industry relevance.