Important Information on Supporting Documentation
All applications require supporting documentation at the point of submission to avoid delays in processing your application.
Requirements vary from course to course, so make sure you check what supporting documentation is required for your application using Course Search.
All courses require Proof of Citizenship - different types of proof are acceptable depending on if you are an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or another type of citizen.
(A drivers licence will not be accepted as proof of citizenship)
If you are an Australian Citizen proof may be either of the following:
- Australian Birth Certificate or Current Australian Passport if you are born before 20 August 1986.
- Students born after this date must provide either a Current Australian Passport or an Australian Citizenship Certificate.
If you are a Permanent Resident (including humanitarian visa holders) you will need to provide the following proof:
- Current Passport showing permanent resident visa or permanent resident visa documents.
All other students (including international on-campus students) must provide a Current Passport (including visa). All other supporting documentation must be certified (do not submit original documents) as a true and correct copy of the original by either the issuing body or by a person qualified to witness a statutory declaration (e.g. police officer, chemist, doctor, accountant). Photocopies of previously certified documents are not acceptable. This includes any transcripts of university results and graduation certificates.
All supporting documentation should be provided in English and if the award was obtained outside of Australia, you must also submit:
- Evidence of completion of the relevant award (award certificate or letter of completion)
- Transcripts of results (translated into English)
- Evidence of English language proficiency (e.g. certified copy of IELTS or TOEFL test results certificate) or evidence that study was undertaken in English.
All supporting documentation should be attached to your application.